Hyperbaric Medicine and Covid-19
The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) has stated that current research shows that the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) might show relief for patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
“As the worldwide crisis of COVID-19 increased and without any substantial therapeutic or preventative breakthroughs, increased consideration was given to the utilization of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to overcome COVID-19 hypoxemia”.
To read the full statement, last update: 4 August, 2020:
UHMS Position Statement: Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO2) for COVID-19 Patients.
Our Commitment to Safe Care
Aviv Clinic’s COVID-19 General Guidelines & Cleaning Protocols
Aviv Clinics, JLT Dubai considers the health of clients and staff our top priority.
As we continue to deal with the impact of COVID-19,
we have established safety guidelines and cleaning protocols to maintain a healthy environment.
We want our clients to feel secure in the knowledge we are doing everything to keep you, your family and our staff safe.
– All our clients require evidence of Covid-19 vaccination.
– All our clients are screened every day prior to entering the HBOT suite.
– Any evidence of a client with close contact with a positive case of Covid-19 is required to quarantine for 10 days.
– On-site Covid testing when required.
Hyperbaric Safety Guidelines
– Inside attendants will use a face mask and hand sanitizer.
– We also requests all clients to wear cloth or surgical masks during air breaks and practice social distancing.
Cleaning of Hyperbaric Equipment
We disinfect and clean all in-suite hyperbaric equipment after each use.
This includes cleaning all client tablet screens, chairs, client oxygen masks and hoses, client headphones, oxygen flowmeters and all contact surfaces.
Vitals station is sanitized between every patient and, lastly, Aviv Clinics cleans and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces every day.
This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
Guidelines For Staff
We have established the following guidelines for our clinic staff.
– Record temperatures daily upon arrival to work and follow CDC Guidelines.
– Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
– Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact, staying at least six feet away from others.
– Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people.
– We also require staff to cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
– Masks should be worn in public areas or in small groups.
– Masks protect others in case you are infected and are not showing symptoms.
– People should keep in mind that masks are not a substitute for social distancing.